Dear Patients of Brosy Family Dentistry,
We hope this post finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and I am looking forward to resuming operation and seeing your smiling faces once again. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice.
As we learned more about Covid-19, and it’s ability for aerosol transmission, all non-emergency dental procedures were halted. We have implemented extra measures throughout our office to treat our patients as safely as possible. We follow strict guidelines set forth by CDC and OSHA as well as implement extra precautionary methods we feel are in the best interest of our patients and staff.
In all of our operatories we have installed air filters that help reduce aerosols created from dental procedures. We will be requiring a new health history form for all patients. We will also be adding a pre-appointment mouthwash required for all patients.If you feel you have flu like symptoms, have traveled outside of the Reno/Sparks area in the last three weeks, or have been in contact with someone suspected or confirmed of having Covid-19 you must cancel your appointment.
You will see the following changes at your next appointment to help protect our patients and staff.
– A screening health history form will be required for every patient and will be texted prior to your appointment. If you arrive and this is not completed, you must remain in your vehicle until this is filled out. Paper copies will be available for those without access to text.
– When you arrive for your appointment (with a previously filled out form) you will call our office and we will notify you when your room is ready. This allows us to properly sanitize each room between patients and adhere to proper social distancing procedures
– Once your room is ready you will be contacted, and a staff member will meet you at the entrance.
– Your temperature will be taken prior to entering the building. If your temperature is over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit you will not be allowed to enter our office.
– Temperatures on all staff members will be taken daily
– Before sitting down, you will be given a Peroxyl mouthwash. Peroxyl is an alcohol free mouthwash with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide. For asymptomatic carriers, this will reduce the amount of viral load prior to a dental procedure.
– The checkout process will also be a bit different. Our insurance and billing specialist, Donna, will call you prior to your appointment to answer any questions and verify payment information. There will be no charges to your account until after all treatment is completed.
– Once your appointment is complete, you will be able to walk out and enjoy the rest of your day.
– We will call you to schedule your next hygiene or restorative appointment.
Throughout this process, my biggest concern is that you, the patient, will feel rushed. I hope your experience at our office, while different, will still have a Brosy Family Dentistry feel. Our staff has not changed, and our level of care for you and your family will never change. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or good jokes I am always available. My email is [email protected]
All of us at Brosy Family Dentistry look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.